Did The Walking Dead just kill off my favourite character?
Ok. This is not a food post. If you are hungry for a meal, a bite, a snack…whatever (thinking you stumbled upon an awesome food blog- which you have- read my other posts in the meantime. Just not this one). Hold off on reading this post. This post has NOTHING to do with food.
I’m just ridiculously pissed about what I saw on this week’s episode of The Walking Dead. I’ve literally paused my iTunes episode to rant on my blog about what I think I just saw.
Hey, for those vying for more lifestyle posts….uhhh, how about a ranting post/television show recap/OMG did that just happen lifestyle post? 🙂 I’m trying.
SPOILERS OF THE SHOW AHEAD.
WARNING- DO NOT READ ANY MORE IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOST RECENT EPISODE OF THE WALKING DEAD.
Last chance. I WARNED YOU.
So in the latest episode of The Walking Dead: Season 6, episode 3: ‘Thank you’ our human survivors are not looking like they are in the best of shape. They are fighting the walkers (zombies) and a huge herd has somehow creeped up behind Glenn, Michonne and a few other Alexandria survivors. As a diversion Glenn graciously sacrifices himself along with Nicholas. In a scene where I have yet to comprehend: this happens.
- -Glen and Nicholas try to find a way to divert the large herd of walkers from their friends.
- -Glen and Nicholas become trapped in what appears to be a dead end.
- -Glen and Nicholas are in fact blocked off by fences on all sides with walkers surrounding every single corner.
- -Somehow thousands of walkers seem to appear right before their eyes- with no room to escape.
- -Glen and Nicholas climb on top of the one spot that is still “safe”.
- -It is a dumpster- which starts to look mighty awesome and their one saving grace.
- -Nicholas snaps, freaks and as he watches the walkers surrounding them and shoots himself!!
- -Nicholas knocks off poor Glenn into a sea of walkers with him (how selfish!!!!!!!!!)
(And the next few bullet points are just so hard to type.)
-It appears that the hero and my favourite character, Glenn is getting ripped to shreds. “His” intestines being ripped and eaten by the walkers.
-Glenn screaming in pain & torture- as the camera pans to the walkers eating what appears to be “his” intestines.
-Glenn, one of the original characters from season 1. Glenn, one of the only Asian American actors on AMC’s Walking Dead. Glenn, one of the first Asian American actors in such a juicy, awesome role on television- looks to have been killed off.
Boy, was I pissed. BUT….maybe the producers/writers didn’t kill him off. (I can only hope.)
Maybe. Just maybe, he survived. The camera panned to the nearby dumpster where he fell off: maybe he managed to save himself by sliding under it. Oh God, Please let me be right!?
– The showrunner, Scott Gimple, actually issued a statement about Glenn’s untimely “death”, “In some way we will see Glenn, some version of Glenn, or parts of Glenn again, either in flashback or in the current story, to help complete the story.”
– Glenn was not featured on the show’s post-mortem wrap-up of characters that die.
– The actor playing Glenn, Steven Yeun, was not a guest on the show, The Talking Dead (they usually bring back the actors to discuss the shocking deaths that have just happened.)
How could you kill this face off?
SO, in conclusion: maybe they didn’t kill him off. Oh, please oh please….Don’t kill Glenn off. I have so many questions. And if anything happens to Michonne or Daryl- I am boycotting this show.
<3 Always, Jess
PS: A regular food blog post will be up in no time. Thank you for those who read this rant. 😉