I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback for my TOP 5 Central Brunch Spots post....(still need to do a new and improved post)! But basically here’s a look at what I think are the best, fluffiest, yummiest, eggiest (is that even a word) egg tarts in Hong Kong. They’re tasty, fast and cheap…all under HK$8. Thats USD$1…..and boy, was it hard to pick- SO…in no particular order) I present you…
Jess’ Top 5 Egg Tarts Joint in Hong Kong!!!
1) This elegant and low key but delicious dim sum joint is packed to the brim with people. It’s because the food is great- and these mini egg tarts are the perfect finale. Just small and light enough to not feel overly stuffed. It’s crisp outer biscuit is wow!
Che’s Cantonese Restaurant: 4/Floor, The Broadway, 54-62 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Tel: 2528 1123
2) Look at that crisp outer layer. Perfect combination of crunch, yum, fluff and flake……OMG.
China Club 13-14/Floor, Old Bank of China Building, Bank Street, Central, 2521 8888
3) Ummm…I think you can see for yourself? The buttery crust is simply delightful. Buttery, crispy tart and amazingly silky, sweet egg custard on the inside….and did I mention it came out piping hot.
Honolulu Coffee Shop, G/Floor, 176-178 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, 2575 1823
4) How could I forget about this classic bakery, tourist’s delight, and all in all- one of my favourite places to walk by. The aroma is intensely good. And, you’ll know why there are always hordes of people lining up to get their fingers on this baby. And, you can buy these babies by the boxfuls. The milky egg custard inside and buttery cookie crust is consistently good.
Tai Cheong Bakery, G/ Floor, 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, 2544 3475
5) Anyone who lives, visits, or gambles in Macau…must have heard about this Portuguese Egg Tarts joint….it’s Macaus’ most famous snack/dessert….and Lord Stow’s is the most famous…spreading throughout Asia and now opening its third and newest franchise in The Venetian. This was my FIRST time there…(I didn’t know about it until now…some foodie, I am! 😉 Jk….but knowledge is power…and I’m sharing that knowledge with all of you now!) It’s egg tarts are beyond words. The delicious burnt smooth custard filling and flaky pastry…but slightly on the greasy side. This was the oiliest of the bunch! No wonder it was soooo darn good!
Lord Stow’s Bakery, Nil Coloane Town Square, Macau, 2888 2534, EGG TARTS MOP$8. (The most priciest of the bunch)….but WORTH trying.
I cheated….it’s not in Hong Kong…but thats why the title says Top 5 Egg Tarts… 😉 Look at the fresh out of the oven baked goods!!!
It was a good drive back. 😉 Check back for more from me!!! 🙂 NEW UPDATES coming soon….
Have a beautiful and blessed week.
<3 Always, Jess